Monday, April 2, 2012

Cleaning Schedule


     I just got back from Spring Break and my place was a wreck! I guess that the entire week before break I was so excited about going home for a week that I did nothing productive around my apartment. 

     I just created a basic cleaning schedule for myself and thought I would share it with you all.  I had a very bad experience with a dorm that was dimly lit, humid, stinky and cluttered…cleaning was my only hope to make it feel ‘cozy’.

Daily 
  •  Dishes before evening T.V.
  • Wipe down counters and stove after cooking dinner
  • While watching T.V. I pick up random trash or papers and put them all where they belong
      Monday
  •      Sweep all rooms (I have wood floors in every room) 
  •      Vacuum stairs (stairs are carpeted for some odd reason)

Wednesday
  •      Clean up bathroom area (wash tub, mirror, grab towels for laundry)
  •      Clean out fridge (I’m the queen of putting things in Tupperware and leaving them forever)

Friday
  •          Gather up all trash and take it out
  •      Wash all laundry
  •       Dust (every other Friday)

5 comments:

  1. What are your rates? You can come to MY house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really smart. I think I need to set up something like this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about discipline! Plus, spreading it out means it takes about fifteen minutes every other day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's really great is that, if you have a rotating schedule like that, you NEVER have to spring clean. I use a system that is VERY detailed, down to jobs that need done every month or two like cleaning the ceiling fan blades, and IF I stick with it, I never have the whole house falling apart. It's good to start those habits while you're young. I wish I had!

      Delete
  4. Making a schedule is easy! I just struggle with following that schedule :)

    ReplyDelete